Fwd: My Riley

 

See my email below:

-------- Original message --------
From: Karla Winder
Date:06/01/2014 9:12 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: me
Subject: Fwd: My Riley



Hello everyone!

 I used to message this group a couple years ago.   It started changing due to negativity from another member so I slowly faded away from emailing.   Well, I am tuning to you in my time of need for your support please....

On Friday I had to make the worst decision of my life and put my baby down.   He wad a very proud boy so seeing any sign of pain was almost impossible.   He started a couple days ago not jumping on the bed.  I just thought he was getting a little fat.  I was so wrong!!!  On Wednesday afternoon he could use his back legs to walk so I got him to his vet asap and she gave us medication that might work and she was wrong!   I should have taken him immediately to the surgeon and not listened to the vet to see how the meds work.   So Friday when I had him to the surgeon after a long examination and a lot of talking I was convinced that putting him down is what would be best for him.   I was ready to do the whole wheelchair thing and my husband immediately constructed one.  We tried that with him and he didn't want any parts of it.  We have three other dogs that he was fairly dominant over and for him not to run with them and be in control it was so obvious that he was unhappy not to mention that he just cried and whined constantly.   I wanted to make it work but I was told that because he didn't have control of his bladder and bowels it would be very hard to avoid uti's, kidney infections, and kidney failure.   My vet expressed his bladder and she said that it was extremely difficult.   So with everything we faced it really seems like I did the right thing.  Also, whenever I left his side he couldn't handle it.   He cried when I left the room so with everything I made that horrible decision. 

Now I am having war in my mind with myself.   One side is telling me I did a good thing and the right thing but the other side is telling me that I let him down.   I don't know what is right....im confused as hell!  So I just wanted to reach out to some people (you) that may be able to help me through this grieving process. You all understand the kind of love we have for our furbabies!   

I am asking if you have harsh words to please not share them.  I am emotionally fragile.   Please don't.   But I do want to hear from you all for support if possible.   I am also reaching out to you because I want you all to be aware of how fragile dachshunds are and if you sense any type of problem with their walking or jumping or even their attitude to please seek vet care immediately because you may be on the clock to save them.   Also please get a second opinion if you hear that medication may work. 

Im sorry for the sadness im sharing but I need some help.   Thanks for reading.   

P.S...I bought stairs for my other doxie to use when getting up on our bed but I can see it's gonna be hard to get him trained to use it.  Any clever ideas? 

Karla and the furbabies. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™ III, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

__._,_.___

Posted by: kargozoom <kargozoom@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment