Re: Newbie mommy named puppy

 

This breed can definitely be housebroken. Expect that 8 weeks will not be the end of it, but by a few months, she'll be good, and by a year she should be literally perfect. No lie. My little one is not a perfect dog, but the house training is fantastic. I do, however, credit part of that to her being little in the summer when I was off and we had no fence. I went out with her, pretty soon on a leash [once she got big enough to want to take off a bit], and was right there to praise her success. I have also taken her out with poop literally hanging from her little hynie, trying to show her that that was for outside. She was never punished in any way except, "No, no potty inside. Lady potty outside" with gestures. Again, I'll put her up against anyone's dog in my own house.


Of course, she has been that way a long time. She's five now. Several years back when we were going to my dad's and decided to take her, she was just that good at pottying outside. My parents never, ever, allowed dogs in the house. We walked in my dad's dining room, the room full of people, and what did she do? Pottied [tee-teed] right beside my dad's foot. I decided that "potty outside" must mean potty outside this house--which she did! 

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Rita Schallert <rita111655@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Hi Everyone,
I have tried to send just pics of the puppy to the email addy of the group but guess they didn't go through. We have named the puppy "SUGAR" since thats what I kept calling her.
I added new photos under my photo file, called Ritas puppy.Everyone please take a look and see what you think of her.

I didn't know this breed was like potato chips, you can't have just one! hubby loves Sugar so much he's already talking about another one at some point. lol

Sugar is doing so good. From all that I've read it says this breed can be hard to housebreak, but she's been amazing and is almost totally housebroke at 8wks. Plus she goes to the door and cries to go outside and go potty.

can't wait to hear from you all.
Rita & Sugar & Rowdy




--
Nancy P. Foster
NBCT ALA ELA 2002
Retired English teacher

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment