[boxer lovers] Hi! I'm new to the world of Boxers.

 

Hello Everyone.
My family is adopting a rescue puppy. She has been deemed a pure bred Boxer by the vet (even though 4 of her litter mates are mixed breed and 2 join her as a pure bred boxer). She will be able to come home in a couple days(8 weeks old) and I have been reading non stop attempting to learn everything I can to make her transition to family life as smooth as possible.

A little history,
I have a small dog named CiCi who is 7 years old. She is a llasa apso, but has the personality of a calm and quiet inside cat. The new puppy will also have to learn rather quickly how to get along with my 5 year old, 4 year old and 1 and 1/2 year old children. I realize that the kids will have a lot of learning and adjusting to do as well. I am lucky enough to stay home with my kids so I am excited that I will have ample time to work with Lula(the newest baby). I should also add that we have already purchased a crate for Lula that will only be used for sleeping at night and short daytime outings that I might not be able to take her to, as well as a safe place for her to retreat to if she needs to get away from the craziness that exists in a house with three little kids. I have also gotten a lightweight six foot leash and regular collar, some Nyla bones and a few stuffed toys as well as a hard bone(from petsmart).

So anyway. Just wanted to introduce myself and ask.. Do any of you have any pointers that worked well with you from the start?
Thanks so much- Beth, Proud, yet a bit nervous, new Mamma to Tallula May!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment