[boxer lovers] Lyme's Disease

 

I agree that a discussion on Lyme's disease and vaccination is best had with
a vet. My vet has recommended it for my boxers and I keep all my dogs
vaccinated since the last time we took a walk in the long grass I found 13
ticks crawling around on Sophie when we got back to the parking lot!! Only
one species of tick, Ixodes pacificus on the west coast is capable of
transmitting the Lyme bacteria. That being said 2 of the 13 ticks were
Ixodes so I am careful to keep her vaccinated. My vet says it will prevent
her from developing the disease if she gets a tick bite and since Lyme's is
an awful disease I have found the vaccine helpful. She does have to have the
vaccine updated each spring. She had absolutely no reaction to the vaccine
and my vet says he hasn't had a dog yet who has had any kind of adverse
reaction.

Sharlet in Cool, CA

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment