Re: [boxer lovers] Cancer

 

That's what it is. Much larger this time. I'd say the entire scar turned into one large tumor. It rubs against her leg and today started bleeding. We are going to see our cancer veterinarian on Wednesday. I just forwarded her the article. Definitely, if that can reduce the size, by all means, we will need it. Even if it is followed by surgery.


Originally, Aurora wasn't suggested for the surgery due to the lack of marginal tissue to remove. But then, after she had reaction to chemo, we got "maybe to yes". But with 3 weeks of radiation treatment, 5 days straight every week. That just seemed a little extreme at this point. Not to mention, the possible medical bill just simply scared me. 

I've applied to 2 funds recommended by the doctor. But haven't heard anything from them and they do not have a contact phone number, only fax for applications.

Sorry, a little "crying on the shoulder". Even if you do not read it, I am feeling better :-)

I am going to go through the list of the funds and see if I can get any kind of assistance. Meanwhile, I hope our vet will give me a responce to the article, as alternative method of treatment.

Lyuda and Aurora


On May 4, 2015, at 2:27 PM, Lisa Wiser lawiser@att.net [boxerlovers] wrote:

 

I can't piggy back this to the original post because my email is still
downloading, but the OP said "MCT" was back -- did you mean "Mass Cell
Tumor?" There is a treatment that has gotten excellent results, how
well it will work on an advanced case, I don't know but, it's simple and
fairly inexpensive. While I have not had cause to use it, I do have a
friend who has used this successfully.

http://veraboxers.com/cancer.htm

Look this over. Check with your vet and/or your state (or any state -- I
know U of Illinois Vet school and Purdue Univeristy Vet Schools will
take calls and provide general info) and see if this is something you
can try,.

LisaW


__._,_.___

Posted by: Lyudmila Devlysh <liudmila_devlysh@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment