Re: : [boxer lovers] Bella

 

You gave Bella a wonderful life and 14 is an exceptional age for a boxer. ‎Even if you knew what caused the seizures (most likely a brain tumor) there's little chance anything else could have been done. You made the ultimate decision of love to help her own her way instead of selfishly holding on. You were an excellent caregiver. 

LisaW

Sent from Beau ... my BlackBerry Z10.
From: Nana ncharl7704@sbcglobal.net [boxerlovers]
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 5:27 AM
To: boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com
Reply To: boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: : [boxer lovers] Bella

 

On April 16 a little before  3 am I lost my Bella the Boxer.  She was 6 years old or there abouts when I rescued her.  Now she was about 14. The week before on April 9th she had a bad seizure.  The emergency vet could find no reason, they did blood tests.  Then nothing until  the  15th, aroung 11pm she started having one seizure after  another.   Two real bad ones.  Some  she jystvrsn blindly into walls, the side of the tub.  Itvwas horrible.   Around 2:30 am I got her into the car and took her tobthe emergency vet, had her  checked again and put to sleep  even that was hard because she was just coming out of a seizure  and was pacing and panting.  I feel so guilty, like i should have done more to try and find out what was causing the seizures.  She was a truly great dog, excelled at obedience, and was always with me when I  wasn't  at work.  My son in law offered me $500 and said he would buy me any dog I wanted once for her.  She was loved by family  and my neighbors.  Pretty good for a dog who was dumped beside a road with a litter of puppies, all dead,who was sick, under  weight  and who's  face tas full  on infected bite wounds.   She forgave us for the bad treatment, and loved everyone, bossed my other two boxer rescues, kept my grand and great grandkids safe.  





Sent from Samsung tablet


-------- Original message --------
From: "Lisa Wiser lawiser@att.net [boxerlovers]" <boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 05/04/2015 2:27 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Boxer Lovers Yahoo Group <boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [boxer lovers] Cancer

 

I can't piggy back this to the original post because my email is still
downloading, but the OP said "MCT" was back -- did you mean "Mass Cell
Tumor?" There is a treatment that has gotten excellent results, how
well it will work on an advanced case, I don't know but, it's simple and
fairly inexpensive. While I have not had cause to use it, I do have a
friend who has used this successfully.

http://veraboxers.com/cancer.htm

Look this over. Check with your vet and/or your state (or any state -- I
know U of Illinois Vet school and Purdue Univeristy Vet Schools will
take calls and provide general info) and see if this is something you
can try,.

LisaW


__._,_.___

Posted by: Lisa Wiser <lawiser@att.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment