Re: [boxer lovers] Mayhem

 

Karon,
 
I undestnd how you are feeling and wish i could give you some comfort. I had 2 boxer brothers and lost them both to cardiomyopathy. My heart still aches for both of them. One passed when he was 8 and the other lived to be 11. Please know that you are not alone in your grief. I am crying for you.
 
Wanda
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 2:53 PM
Subject: [boxer lovers] Mayhem

 

Mayhem has been having some problems with his heart for a few weeks. To us, this seemed to come out of nowhere though I am sure it has been causing him discomfort for a while. Last week, he had a severe attack and I thought I had lost him. I thought he was dead, even his bladder let go. But I kept calling his name and he came back. I wanted to take him to the vet but, I didn't have the money. Today is payday and that was Wednesday, I think. Then, a good Samaritan stepped forward and said 'Take him tomorrow. I'll call the vet and give them my credit card". Had it been anything less than my dog's life, I would have turned them down flat. But, we went.

The vet said Mayhem had an arrhythmia. It WOULD eventually kill him, there was o way around it but there WAS a med he could use that would help control it and keep him with us a bit longer and make him more comfortable.

Sadly, in the night, about 3:00 this morning, we heard a crash in the bedroom and Mayhem snorted three times and made no more noise. Denver thought he might have gone back to sleep but I was scared. I jumped up and turned on the light and my boy was gone. There was no calling him back, this time, it was far too late. We got up. Took hi, to the other room and started this awful day.

Denver will start working on his grave this evening and a neighbor will help him finish it tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, I will be making the stone for the grave, with Mayhem's Paw prints.  I lost my baby boy and my heart just hurts so much. Every time Tovi wakes up, today, she goes into the hall, looks into the other room to see Mayhem still lying there waiting for his burial. I don't know what I am going to do without my man to take care of me.

Karon Adams

Accredited Jewelry Professional (GIA)

You can send a Rosary to a soldier!

www.facebook.com/MilitaryRosary

www.YellowRibbonRosaries.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Wanda" <boxxers@comcast.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment