RE: Re: Dachshund in trouble

 

Thank all of you for your comments. I am going to try the muzzle again. We've been down this road before and he rubs his face along the carpet. I am also going to try calming pills. I have tried to socialize him with little success. There are no barkbusters near Syracuse NY. The family that had him before me had a son that tormented him relentlessly. I'll let you all know how we make out. :)


Jim 



---In Dachsie_World@yahoogroups.com, <dachsie_world@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

If you are really interested in keeping this dog, I would suggest that anytime you expect friends over to put a muzzle on him.  He will not be able to bite you or anyone else with it on, and you can remove it once the company leaves.  Secondly, you can give him "calming" pills to see if they will lessen his aggressiveness.  Good luck and I hope you get to keep your baby.  He deserves to have a life outside of an abusive environment.



On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:11 AM, "jecjr0726@..." <jecjr0726@...> wrote:
 
Hello All - I have a problem I hope one of you can help me with. Almost 2 years ago I rescued a male short hair doxie from an abusive home. He has biting issues. I know he is afraid and this is his way of protecting himself...to attack first.He is very good with me, tolerates a few friends and wants to bite everyone else. Problem is he is on his third bite. I just do not know what to do with him. I'm afraid to have anyone new over. I do not know how to make him stop and be friendly. If anyone knows of anyone or group with the training who can make him calm. I am willing to give him up. Ultimately I want him happy and to feel safe. If anyone has any ideas of how I can break him of biting, I am all ears. 


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment