Re: [boxer lovers] Re: Whew relief

 

My female passed away two years ago from cancer, my male has cancer in the same place and had hermangiosarcoma removed last september, but he has just been recheck and the vet said for his age (11 next month!) and all he had been through the past year he is an enigma and she is amazed at how well he is doing. And my foster has a history of mast cell (grade 2, they couldn't get clean margins.) All boxers! So sadly this house is all to familiar with that diagnosis.
But we are all happy here that you are getting a better prognosis.
And that's right...you never know the history of a rescue dog but you can also never be guaranteed the health of a purchased puppy.
Xeena was from a good AKC (so we thought) line and once she hit five she went downhill. Idiopathic head tremors, cardiomyopathy, splenic mass, DCM, and then we found the brain tumor. And not to mention her allergies that started at a year old. Had I not worked at a specialty vet that had all of the services she needed we would have had to take out loans for her...and we loved her so much maybe even more cause she was sick.
I guess I felt like I needed to share that with you all.
Keep us all posted on your baby!

On Aug 27, 2013, at 6:50 AM, Nikki <n.rakowiecki@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Glad to hear its not bone cancer.
>
> On Aug 24, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Nana Charlton <ncharl7704@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Sometime I question my theory about adopting seniors. I figure no one else will take them. It can be heart breaking.
> >
> > Nana
> > books like children and dogs should be loved,
> >
> > Literature is my utopia,
> >
> > It is the beginning of the end of a society or family when they no longer take care of their young or their old
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: Mary Rue <maryrue@yahoo.com>
> > To: boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:48 AM
> > Subject: [boxer lovers] Re: Whew relief
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I am very happy for you. Prayers for Yukon that the 6 week xrays come out perfect. Your babies are so lucky you found each other. We need more people like you to make a difference in homeless babies.
> > Mary Rue
> >
> > --- In mailto:boxerlovers%40yahoogroups.com, Nana Charlton <ncharl7704@...> wrote:
> > >
> > > As you may know my 7 year old boxer rescue Yukon broke his foot chasing a squirrel on July 2nd. I tried to get him in to my vet on the 3rd. They could not see him until the 7th. I got him at another near by vet. They said it was a fracture and that he has bone cancer. They wanted to amputate. I was crushed. I got Yukon and his sister at the APL on March 16th but it was like they were meant to be here. They moved in and got along great with Bella my 10 year old boxer rescue , ( she is the one who gives bitch its name) They love her, right from the start they got along great. It was love at first sight for me and the two newbies. I could not bring myself for all this time to take Yuk back to the vet. This week I took him to my normal vet, he does not think it cancer. He says it is an old,old injury. He reminded me I don't know their past. He said if it was cancer there would be swelling and pain especially since it so
> > > long since he went to the other vet. He didn't see any pain even when he squeezed the foot. I am to bring him back in 6 weeks and he will do more xrays.
> > > For the past month there wasn't a day I didn't cry at least a bit. I was unable to make up my mind. Leave him in his happy life and give comfort care when the time came OR have the amputation and treatments maybe making in last times painful and sick but giving a little for time with him
> > > I am breathing a lot easier right now
> > > I will always get a second opinion
> > >
> > > Nana
> > > books like children and dogs should be loved,
> > >
> > > Literature is my utopia,
> > >
> > > It is the beginning of the end of a society or family when they no longer take care of their young or their old
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment