Re: [boxer lovers] Re: Whew relief

 

There is a treatment for mast cell cancer that is easy to try, can't
hurt, and has worked both as a "cure" and a preventative.

http://www.bavariasboxers.com/cancer.htm

Tagamet and Benadryl

LisaW

Nikki wrote:
>
> My female passed away two years ago from cancer, my male has cancer in
> the same place and had hermangiosarcoma removed last september, but he
> has just been recheck and the vet said for his age (11 next month!)
> and all he had been through the past year he is an enigma and she is
> amazed at how well he is doing. And my foster has a history of mast
> cell (grade 2, they couldn't get clean margins.) All boxers! So sadly
> this house is all to familiar with that diagnosis.
> But we are all happy here that you are getting a better prognosis.
> And that's right...you never know the history of a rescue dog but you
> can also never be guaranteed the health of a purchased puppy.
> Xeena was from a good AKC (so we thought) line and once she hit five
> she went downhill. Idiopathic head tremors, cardiomyopathy, splenic
> mass, DCM, and then we found the brain tumor. And not to mention her
> allergies that started at a year old. Had I not worked at a specialty
> vet that had all of the services she needed we would have had to take
> out loans for her...and we loved her so much maybe even more cause she
> was sick.
> I guess I felt like I needed to share that with you all.
> Keep us all posted on your baby!
>
> On Aug 27, 2013, at 6:50 AM, Nikki <n.rakowiecki@yahoo.com
> <mailto:n.rakowiecki%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
> > Glad to hear its not bone cancer.
> >
> > On Aug 24, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Nana Charlton <ncharl7704@sbcglobal.net
> <mailto:ncharl7704%40sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
> >
> > > Sometime I question my theory about adopting seniors. I figure no
> one else will take them. It can be heart breaking.
> > >
> > > Nana
> > > books like children and dogs should be loved,
> > >
> > > Literature is my utopia,
> > >
> > > It is the beginning of the end of a society or family when they no
> longer take care of their young or their old
> > >
> > >
> > > ________________________________
> > > From: Mary Rue <maryrue@yahoo.com <mailto:maryrue%40yahoo.com>>
> > > To: boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:boxerlovers%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:48 AM
> > > Subject: [boxer lovers] Re: Whew relief
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I am very happy for you. Prayers for Yukon that the 6 week xrays
> come out perfect. Your babies are so lucky you found each other. We
> need more people like you to make a difference in homeless babies.
> > > Mary Rue
> > >
> > > --- In mailto:boxerlovers%40yahoogroups.com, Nana Charlton
> <ncharl7704@...> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > As you may know my 7 year old boxer rescue Yukon broke his foot
> chasing a squirrel on July 2nd. I tried to get him in to my vet on the
> 3rd. They could not see him until the 7th. I got him at another near
> by vet. They said it was a fracture and that he has bone cancer. They
> wanted to amputate. I was crushed. I got Yukon and his sister at the
> APL on March 16th but it was like they were meant to be here. They
> moved in and got along great with Bella my 10 year old boxer rescue ,
> ( she is the one who gives bitch its name) They love her, right from
> the start they got along great. It was love at first sight for me and
> the two newbies. I could not bring myself for all this time to take
> Yuk back to the vet. This week I took him to my normal vet, he does
> not think it cancer. He says it is an old,old injury. He reminded me I
> don't know their past. He said if it was cancer there would be
> swelling and pain especially since it so
> > > > long since he went to the other vet. He didn't see any pain even
> when he squeezed the foot. I am to bring him back in 6 weeks and he
> will do more xrays.
> > > > For the past month there wasn't a day I didn't cry at least a
> bit. I was unable to make up my mind. Leave him in his happy life and
> give comfort care when the time came OR have the amputation and
> treatments maybe making in last times painful and sick but giving a
> little for time with him
> > > > I am breathing a lot easier right now
> > > > I will always get a second opinion
> > > >
> > > > Nana
> > > > books like children and dogs should be loved,
> > > >
> > > > Literature is my utopia,
> > > >
> > > > It is the beginning of the end of a society or family when they
> no longer take care of their young or their old
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> > >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment