Re: [boxer lovers] Anyone in Southern California that can help this lovely boxer girl?

 



Quick update on sweet Sabrina in the Downey high kill shelter since July 7th. I'm back without her because they said she finished the a/b's on the 28th and needs to have a vet either spay or waive her for it. She is not 16. Probably about 5 or 6 at the most. She has a lump on her head and another on her front paw that will need to be removed and probably sent out for cytology. Do they do in house blood work before a spay there? will they remove the lumps while she's under if they decide she needs to be spayed before release? I got to spend about 20 mins with her in the yard. The poor thing is just terrified. She had her natural tail tucked under and was shaking. After about 5 mins or so she finally started to relax and 5 mins after that she sat right next to me and gave me a tiny boxer kiss. I even saw a little tail wag! She broke away on the way back to the kennel and was running scared around the lot, but she ended up coming to me. I'll give you guys an update tomorrow, but I really need help with finding her a forever home. My awesome sister has offered to foster her for two weeks and my husband has so far said ok for a few days with us. I'm not sure if I need to board her yet or not, but if she is still sick, that's what I'll do until I can bring her here. I thought I took some video of her, but I don't see it on my phone now?

Boxer hugs and kisses,

Heather, mom to
Maggie/boxer/73 lbs/12 +yrs/ CKD, chronic pancreatitis, hypothyroidism, arthritis, arrhythmia controlled by sotalol, adult onset epilepsy, likely IBD and now a heart condition suspected to be ARVC or DCM
&
Gabby/boxer/71 lbs/18 mos/Major dietary indiscretions crazy puppy syndrome :)
Orange County, CA

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment