[boxer lovers] Re: Boxers as therapy dogs

 

In my experience, Boxers make WONDERFUL therapy dogs. My Boxer Hogan, RIP, was not certified but we used to go visit my cousin at the nursing home. You were allowed to bring the dogs even if they were not certified because it was considered to be her residence. So anyways, we would go visit my cousin and then she would walk around with us and we would visit many of the residents there who all absolutely adored Hogan. And as you all know, Boxers have springs in their legs but he never once jumped on the people in the nursing home. It was as if he knew this was different. We would walk around for about an hour and then Hogan would start giving me the look that meant he was ready to go home. But we had an awesome time. Even met a woman who used to breed German Shepherds and so she was thrilled to see a dog. It was very rewarding. I am planning to get a new Boxer puppy within the next year and I think we will begin training for this from day 1, maybe even get certified this time. But definitely, YES. Boxers are GREAT therapy dogs. Plus the fact that they are so willing to please. I have a book about Boxers where someone asked if they would make goood hunters and the answer was that if a Boxer thought it would make it's owner happy for it to be a hunting dog, it would certainly try.

--- In boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com, "dlpresto" <loripresto@...> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> I was wondering if boxers make good therapy dogs?
> Thanks, sorry for asking so many questions.
> Lori
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment