Re: [boxer lovers] Boxer hugs

 

I am so sorry to heaar about Copper. Our prayers are with you.
Mary Rue

--- In boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Wiser <lawiser@...> wrote:
>
> Boxers are very empathetic. I've not had one yet who didn't know when
> things were "not quite right" whether because of sadness or joy and
> react accordingly.
>
> I lost Cooper on Sunday. The weekend before I had rushed him early
> Saturday morning to the animal emergency clinic where he stayed the
> weekend. I took him to my vet who evaluated and suggested the best
> course would be to take him to Purdue University where they have all the
> equipment and can do tests on the fly. Every day, whenever I left the
> house, Meg was frantic. When I would return she would be barking and
> whining. Leaving she tried to sneak out the door and when I didn't let
> her, bark and whine.
>
> On Sunday when I went up to see Cooper and we (Vet and I) realized,
> although he'd been trying very hard for the week, everything was just
> too much and he'd given up, I made the decision. When I got home,
> nothing from Meg but meeting me at the door. I wasn't crying by the time
> I got home so it wasn't that, but she spent all afternoon glued to my
> hip. We slept snuggled very close. While all last week she'd run outside
> and look around, after I got home Sunday she didn't. Somehow she knew.
>
> So, yeah. Our Boxers are the best there are.
>
> LisaW and Meghan
> Hanging in and still sad
>
>
>
> Valerie I wrote:
> >
> > I know Boxers are known "huggers" so I am not surprised when I get
> > hugs. What has surprised me the last couple of days is this. My mom
> > had a stroke and is in the ICU. Guess who has been closer to my side
> > than usual? Guess who has noticed when I am feeling upset and/or
> > stressed and just has to wrap her arms around me and put her cheek to
> > mine? Is she more human than I think, or what? Is it any wonder we
> > are nuts about our Boxer babies?
> >
> > Just had to share.
> >
> > Val & Heidi
> >
> > " Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride
> > worthwhile."
> > Franklin P. Jones
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment