Re: first time dachshund parents!

 

HI Betsy,
welcome and congrats on our new little one!
I also have a new baby thats 8wks old.

as for the peeing,I have heard Vinegar works but also there is some great products at the petstore to get urine smells out. I would also move her bed to a new spot and if she continues I'd take it up totally for now. Sounds like she is MARKING her BED! Also have you tried crate training her? that works great when housebreaking as MOST PUPPIES don't want to potty where they sleep. I know with my puppy "SUGAR" I have to take her out more often than every 2hrs but she is only 8wks old. I take her out to the same spot outside everytime and say "GO POTTY" and she goes everytime. Now if she's gotten excited or been playing ALOT I take her right back out, cause I know she will have to go. Don't let her have full run of the house either, until you can trust her.Sugar was doing so good I got lazy and gave her TOO MUCH FREE RUN, and she started having accidents. I know its also gonna take time, they are babies! Can't wait to see your pictures! and i'm no expert so all this is JMHO!
G'Luck and AGAIN WELCOME, you won't meet a nicer bunch of people!
Rita

--- In Dachsie_World@yahoogroups.com, "betsy" <honeydoll272@...> wrote:
>
> hi everyone
>
> we have just gotten our first dachshund(i say first cause we are hooked!)
>
> she is 10 weeks old and is doing good. very playful and lovable. we are enjoying her so much.
> i have a few question i need advice
>
> 1st she has just yesterday peeing and messing on top of her house/bed, she is taken out every couple hours and i has done great the last week, not sure how to stop her from going on that spot again. it has been washed 3 times now.
>
> also she is always wanting to eat worms (yucky) and once tried to eat her poo.
>
> any help would be great!
>
> i also have ordered her royal canin puppy food, we havent recieved it yet but does anyone else feed that to their baby?
>
> we named our baby "furocious penelope peanut" peanut for short!!
>
> thanks betsy and dave
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment