Re: [boxer lovers] My introduction/question too

Whatever you do, do NOT use Hartz Mountain. I've known too many dogs with bad reactions,

LisaW
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Valerie I <lady_christa_39@yahoo.com>
Sender: boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 06:47:41
To: boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com<boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [boxer lovers] My introduction/question too

Hello:

I am Val and live in NE Ohio.  My boyfriend introduced me to the boxer breed with his dog, Duncan just over 1 year ago.  I have been in rescue for many years but never personally handled a boxer before.  After my grandson was born 12 weeks premature and from what I have learned about the breed and kids, I decided to get one for him to grow up with (at grandma's house).  Heidi is now 6 months old honesly, she had been the easiest dog I have EVER worked with.  Any training I have done with her, she has learned in a matter of 5 minutes or less.  She is so eager to please and exactly what I had hoped for Tristin (grandson).  She is always aware of where he is and what he is doing and often naps right beside him.  He is not almost 1 year old and starting to try to walk and she lets him hold on to her, etc. 


We are leaving for the beach on Friday (my first vacation in almost 30 years) and will celebrate bothy Tristin's and my birthday while we are there.  I do notice Heidi reacts more visibly to bug bites than and dog I have ever seen...perhaps it is just because her hair is so short, I can really see bites.  I am concerned about a safe bug retardant for her both at the beach and home.  In would greatly appreciate any input.  She is fully flea treated and heartworm protected and will be wearing a "tick" collar while we are gone, too.  

Thank you all so much and well, I now know I will have at least 1 boxer by my side for the rest of my life!  SO in love with this breed!

Val

 
" Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
Franklin P. Jones

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boxerlovers/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boxerlovers/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
boxerlovers-digest@yahoogroups.com
boxerlovers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
boxerlovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 comments:

Post a Comment