[boxer lovers] Swimming

 

What's the scoop on dogs and swimming pools?

We got our dogs last fall when it was too cold to put them in our
inground pool.

We have Emma, a boxer pit mix. And Bella a Beagle, Daschund, Shepherd mix.

When in the backyard, they always avoided the pool.

Now that it is hot out I would take Bella and carry her in and she would
be fine floating with
me holding her, but when I let go she would swim, dog paddle, towards
the steps.

I put her on the floating chair and she sits there floating.

I put Emma on the steps to see if she like the water and she is so
afraid of it.

I carry her in and she is terrified and panics. She puts her feet out
as if to stop
me from putting her in. When I put her in she swims to the steps.

They seem to be natural swimmers or dog paddlers but since they can't
stand in the shallow end,
they just swim to the steps. I wonder if training them when they are
little affects their liking the water.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment