[boxer lovers] Re: My introduction/question too

 

I would talk to you Vet and ask him if he could give you some information about Benedryl dosage and instructions of what to do if she is bitten. I have seen dogs who got hives from mosquito bites. Many times at dog shows dogs are stung by bees and react with hives. I always carry Benedryl and my Vet's instructions for use with me at all times.
Have a great time!
Mary Rue

--- In boxerlovers@yahoogroups.com, Valerie I <lady_christa_39@...> wrote:
>
> Hello:
>
> I am Val and live in NE Ohio.  My boyfriend introduced me to the boxer breed with his dog, Duncan just over 1 year ago.  I have been in rescue for many years but never personally handled a boxer before.  After my grandson was born 12 weeks premature and from what I have learned about the breed and kids, I decided to get one for him to grow up with (at grandma's house).  Heidi is now 6 months old honesly, she had been the easiest dog I have EVER worked with.  Any training I have done with her, she has learned in a matter of 5 minutes or less.  She is so eager to please and exactly what I had hoped for Tristin (grandson).  She is always aware of where he is and what he is doing and often naps right beside him.  He is not almost 1 year old and starting to try to walk and she lets him hold on to her, etc. 
>
>
> We are leaving for the beach on Friday (my first vacation in almost 30 years) and will celebrate bothy Tristin's and my birthday while we are there.  I do notice Heidi reacts more visibly to bug bites than and dog I have ever seen...perhaps it is just because her hair is so short, I can really see bites.  I am concerned about a safe bug retardant for her both at the beach and home.  In would greatly appreciate any input.  She is fully flea treated and heartworm protected and will be wearing a "tick" collar while we are gone, too.  
>
> Thank you all so much and well, I now know I will have at least 1 boxer by my side for the rest of my life!  SO in love with this breed!
>
> Val
>
>  
> " Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
> Franklin P. Jones
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment