Re: Re: Bald ears - scaly edges

 



Bacon fat has too much salt in it, even the lite on salt kind, to give to any animals. I would be afraid to give to any of my dogs it is hard on their pancreas and could cause death eventually.  
Even if given in small amounts. Before giving to your dogs consult a veterinarian. 



-----Original Message-----
From: mjdidit or Diamondgirl <Diamondgirl_56@hotmail.com>
To: Dachsie_World <Dachsie_World@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Jul 28, 2012 7:53 pm
Subject: <Dachsie World> Re: Bald ears - scaly edges

 
      Richard my doxie's ears did that also. his was just one little patch on each ear. I was worried about it and a friend of  mine that use to train dogs and show dogs. Told me it will grow back give it time.  Well it is now slowly growing back in.  I didn't  think it was going to grow back in.  She also told me that doxies are well known for dry skin.  She told me next time I fry bacon to take a little bit (tsp. or two) and put it on his food. I have a red and white piebald named Rudy.

--- In Dachsie_World@yahoogroups.com, "RichardL" <merliniac@...> wrote:
>
> We have an indoor kept black haired Mini (10.5 lbs) male that was beautiful and then as he approached 1 year old there was some thining of hair on the ears. The edges of his ears became rough and about 50-60% of the hair on his ears is now gone at 1.5 years old. This does not appear to be just baldness - we see that thinning on the tummy underside.
>
> The ears appear to be a skin problem or allergy problem. We have seen 2 vets and a dog dematologist with no results. The dog was tested for every conceivable mite or infection and had skin scrappings examined.
>
> He is not in any noticeable discomfort or scratching the ears. The beautiful coat is almost gone on the ears.
>
> Could this be a protein issue? Blue Buffalo is the food.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Richard in Riverside
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment